Bills Bengals Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bills Bengals Game

Gary and I were texting back and forth before and during the game, he a Bills fan, me a Bengals fan...youngest son has season tickets and had purchased a suite for him, his wife, and 25 or so of their employees and spouses...it was designed to be a Party at the stadium for the staff leaders who had a successful 2022...sadly that lasted about an hour, and less than 10 minutes of playing time...

As soon as you saw the player drop from a non hard tackle you knew it was something more that a common football injury...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxd-DFK0vs4

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/bills-provide-update-damar-hamlin-safety-remains-critical-condition-night-intensive-care

So you guys suck up to knee taking anti America monkeys?
    ''The great enemy of clear language is insincerity. When there is a gap between one's real and one's declared aims, one turns, as it were, instinctively to long words and exhausted idioms, like a cuttlefish squirting out ink''. -George Orwell

Comment

I plead guilty but so what? I never agreed with the taking a knee shit and turned FB off when that was a common occurrence. Certainly watching a football game is better than watching any of the news shows or other crap we see on our TVs these days. Think about it Cro, we can support the woke liberal left Hollywood assholes or the left leaning liberal news outlets including FOX or we can get some entertainment by watching some Smash Mouth football games.
      My personal opinion about what happened to this player but it will never be admitted to, He took all of the clot shots and my feeling is his blood is thicker than Elmers glue and loaded with clots just waiting to be dislodged. Don't be too surprised if we start seeing a lot more of this shit. I do think it might have been YOU who posted about what morticians are finding in the dead bodies they are preparing for burial.

Comment

Strickly entertainment ... I don't worship these guys, but after a life time of officiating Football, Basketball, and umpiring baseball, and playing baseball and coaching it and football all through out much of my life I still take an interest. It's like the Romans and Gladiators, some of us watch, some play...

Comment

Son Hal and I will be at the Bengals Ravens game on Sunday, this was the one game I picked out of his Season Tickets.../weather looks "OK" about 50 with some rain...I don't get excited about any of these, but during the winter and cooler months, it, going to a game or two, beats the Hell out of sitting on my ass in the house...

Granted during nice fall weather, I don't watch this stuff, I might have it on radio in the garage working or sitting on my ass in the back yard with beers and a cigar or two...or fishing. But when the weather sucks to much to ride or be outside, a game on is just what it is, a game...I long ago put the NFL and the other pro sports Political / Social Justice Bullshit out of my mind.

At the AFC Championship at Kansas City last January, we spent a few bucks, but had a great time...fuck it, you can't take it with you, and the less I give Biden and Company when I die, the better...I'm lucky enough, and the two boys are successful enough we can do this stuff without worrying about breaking the bank...Sam and Hoot at the Ohio State at Northwestern game in November and Hal and Me at the Bengals vs KC AFC Title game last January...{sure doesn't seem that long ago}

Sam and Pat at Northwestern.jpg

Benglals Hal and Hoot in KC (2).jpg
          Last edited by Hoot Gibson; 01-05-2023, 11:00 AM.

Comment

I refuse to go to any FB games. I would have to drive into New Jersey to see either the NY Giants or the NY Jets play. I guess NY can't afford a stadium in NY. Oh wait, the only real NY FB Team happens to be way up in Buffalo, the Bills. They are the only team we actually care about but most times they are not shown here on our TVs for some ridiculous reasons. Low and behold, if the Bills do well during the season and get into the finals and playoffs then they are all the rage and we can see all of the last few games. The NFL just pisses us off but Yes, I do watch when the Bills are on the tube. My wife grew up near Buffalo and with her dad and two brothers all being big Bills fans I really don't have much choice. Go Bills and the rest can go to hell.

Comment

Blast from the past...I was on the sidelines working a game between the Bengals and Jets in 1982...I snapped this grainy photo in the gloam at Riverfront Stadium of Bengals stars at the time, HOF Anthony Munoz, should be Hall of Famer, Kenny Anderson, and current day Broadcaster, Chris Collinsworth, discussing offensive play calls,...tomorrow I will be sitting a bit higher up as the Bengals take on the Ravens, sitting in youngest sons Club Seats above the 40 yard line...

Bengals 1982 Sepia.jpg

Comment

Pretty Ugly 2nd Half in Cincinnati, but the Bengals prevailed, not if a BIG IF, both the Bengals beat Baltimore {again} next week and the Bills defeat Miami, they will play a second round game, and finish off what the started last Monday, except this time it will be in Buffalo...

View for Son's Season Tickets Seats...2nd deck, 3rd row between the 30-35 yard line nearest the Ohio River...you can see every thing you need to for these...

Bengals Hal's Seats 2.jpg

Comment

I think you have to enjoy the crowds and the atmosphere to attend these live events. I prefer them on my own couch with my own beers and smokes and the better views with instant replay. To each his own I guess but I don't have to deal with any obnoxious idiots when I stay home. I won't even watch the big game unless the Bills are in it and IMO they got mighty lucky to win the game yesterday.

Comment

• Hoot Gibson
                    Hoot Gibson commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Couple of kick return TDs didn't hurt...

Redux Coming Up Next Sunday at Orchard Park 3pm EST...both the Bills and Bengals kind of sucked yesterday, but they both pulled it out and will now get to finish what they couldn't get done 3 weeks ago...

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2...-afc-showdown/

Comment

Looking forward to the Bills/Bengals game next Sunday. One thing we do know about that game is the loser goes home done for the season. I do agree both teams played pretty poorly yesterday and both were extremely lucky to win. They both better get their shit together when they face off in Buffalo this weekend. The Bengals had a bad case of the drops and I think they pulled the victory because the Ravens had piss poor time clock management. I only bothered to watch that game because I was rooting for your Bengals to win and have to come to Buffalo and play my Bills. I do think the Bengals team health is going to be a big disadvantage next week while the Bills seem to be much healthier right now. We will still be buddy's after no matter who wins but for this game we won't be pals!

Comment

So, got 6 tickets to the AFC Title game next weekend in Cincinnati...OK, that means all that has to happen is a Bengals win at Buffalo, and Jacksonville upsetting Kansas City on the road...while I give the Bengals perhaps a 50/50 shot in Buffalo, them and Jax both winning on the road is a stretch...so I'm thinking, maybe 10 to 15% odds. Anyway youngest son with season tickets paid out $400 per ticket, and will sell 2 of them back if the game is played, and Hal, Me, and the 2 older Grandsons will attend...last year we laid out $500 for each ticket in KC plus the travel, meal, and motel costs...so IF the Bengals host, this year will be a bit cheaper...

No Ribs??? Kansas City has some of the best...Cincy? Well they do have some great Sports Bars for after the game...but not the Q39 and other Rib Joints like KC

Ribs.jpg

Comment

We have not yet decided on the meals at home for the Buffalo game where we kick your ass! LOL

Comment

We shall see...tickets for the game tomorrow are $200, not that bad, but who the Hell wants to sit in that dump of a stadium {the new one come 2026 should be nice} in the snow that is forecast for tomorrow...meanwhile Go Jax, if they beat KC, whoever wins the Bengals Bills game gets to play at home...although I'm sure the Bills wouldn't mind playing KC in Atlanta if they both win...

Comment

• Gary
                            Gary commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I'm glad you can follow all this end of season who's who shit. I just wait for the end of each Bills game to find out who or if they play next. I guess I should root for the Jags to win but who knows what the conditions could be in Buffalo for the next game if it gets played there. Buffalo is a nasty and very cold place and I don't care who you are, it sucks in January and February.

• Hoot Gibson
                            Hoot Gibson commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Hal called me, just back from Vegas, and told me that seats were available for tomorrows game...I laughed and told him "No Thanks"...between the weather, the fans, and the stadium, I didn't mind the ticket prices, which aren't that bad, but no way I was sitting through that mess

• Gary
                            Gary commented
                            Editing a comment
                            There is a good reason why tickets are still available and reasonably priced. Think about all the other expenses to attend the game in person. Travel, lodging, food and the misery of being cold and maybe wet and not being able to see the instant replays from your couch while enjoying a beer or cocktail that cost you a few dollars rather than $10-$15.

We, Hal and I, lucked out in KC last year...although we laid down about $1000 each {Screw it, can't take it with you} for parking, tickets, meals, motels, etc, the game went Overtime, was won by the Bengals, and the Stadium, is a great venue, albeit out of town quite a way...His one brother in law works at Marriott and we got 3 nights in a great set of motels, one in Terre Haute and 2 nights in downtown KC, for $50 a night...and the game time temps were mid to upper 40s with sunny skies...no complaints:

Bengals KC Tailgate.jpg Bengals AFC Title 2021.jpg

Comment

Working...
                          X