No announcement yet.

How's the Weather Outside?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fall weather for us ..48 this morning with wind..feels like it could (.....) Don't even want to say the word yet.but it's coming ready or not...with 4-5 weeks left in the asphalt world we won't get all the work finished anyway so ....LET IT. ..SNOW...
    I will try not to blow the forum up!

Comment

• With less than a 20 percent chance of a lighting storm I finally rode to work this morning. It's nutz because we have had more rain this season without any hurricanes.

Comment

• You could draw a straight line between my place and Hoot's on the same latitude and the rains he had a day or so ago are pounding me now. I am loving it and the fall is one of my favorite times of year. I have a love/hate feeling about the winters here. Hate the bitter cold and snow and ice storms but love my ice fishing if the winds and temps are reasonable. I could spend many days on a frozen lake and there ain't much else to do in the dead of winter here.

Comment

• Fall has arrived, sort of, yesterday 90 with humidity and some rain, big storms missed us...this morning sunny and cool with a breeze...and the Monarch Butterflies stop by to taste the Mexican Sunflowers on their way south...the backyard was loaded with several dozen yesterday...this mornings cool has kept the numbers low, so far:

Monachs August 2022.jpg

Comment

• My property owner lets the Milkweed grow in his fields for the Monarchs. There are just a few days when they appear here in numbers when heading south. I keep one hummingbird feeder out for another week or two for the stragglers but almost all my birds have flown. Just this morning I went back to one of my trail cameras to change the SD card and I couldn't get to it because I watched two nice 8 point bucks play sparring just below it in the ravine. In another month when the girls get stinky the bucks won't be playing and will really fight for dominance over the harum. Early bear season is on now and I wish one of my club members would get out and take a couple of those pigs. Bears hate trail cameras and they have destroyed 3 of mine this year already. I had a 5 gallon pail with a screw on lid filled with clover seeds that I was going to spread in the feed plot. My spreader was not working and I went back home to free it up. When I got back to the field 2 hours later the bucket was gone and I found it the next day torn to pieces and $80 worth of seeds were gone.

Comment

• Hoot Gibson
              Hoot Gibson commented
              Editing a comment
              Monarchs love Milkweed...I tried to grow some this past winter/spring but nothing came out...will bury some this fall and see if that makes a difference...

• Gary
              Gary commented
              Editing a comment
              The field is about 12 acres and two weeks ago it was a beautiful site when the Monarchs came in, had to be hundreds of them for just two or three days.

• It was a cold fall day yesterday but last night felt like winter ...up this morning to find JACK FROST..has come back.... IMG_20220923_073724097_HDR.jpg ready or not..

Comment

• YUP! Woke up this morning to a solid coating of frost on the cars. 38 degrees here now at 7 AM.

Comment

• Batting down the hatches here at work getting ready for the big blow. Got plenty of fuel for the generators and propane for cooking at the homestead so we are ready.

Comment

• Gary
                  Gary commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Stay safe and prayers your way!

• Grew up in Venice...from there south to Naples, where sister lives, are in for the main Surge and Winds....Cluster Fux Central...I'm in contact with friends and family from Naples to Venice, Sarasota to Clearwater, and then the center of the state from Winter Garden {Orlando} to DeLand...

This Ian is much worse than anything the west coast has seen...Sister lives on the Gulf at Naples, they moved them and pets inland to a motel about 3 miles off the Gulf...buddy in Englewood did same...not sure what they will have to come home to, if there is any homes left...

Comment

• Hoot Gibson
                  Hoot Gibson commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Just saw video of the Naples and Ft Myers Surge...afraid my sister's place just on the Gulf Chanel will not survive this...12 foot surge and Ft Myers Beach is totally under water...

Of course the left will blame DeSantis and Man Made Global Warming...fucking idiots that they are...

• Just got an update from Sister, they and pets are safe in motel, but their waterfront home is destroyed it appears...neighbor of hers escaped to a off the water 2nd story home, but all the ones on the Chanel, including theirs is toast....gonna be a long time before they rebuild....if ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mh6xK_WO1vU

Comment

• Had plans to stay in Ft Myers condo on the beach may not be there..downtown under water.will just have to wait an see how bad things are in the daylight today...praying all stay safe..can always rebuild if your still alive to do it...

Comment

• Gary
                    Gary commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I have a buddy in Sarasota and have not been able to contact him yet to see how he did. I think both landline and cell phones are still down.

• Hoot Gibson
                    Hoot Gibson commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Old Elementary and Junior High Girlfriend of mine from Venice, lives in Sarasota and she called and said she was fine and still had power last night but 99% of Sarasota was without power...Vietnam Buddy of mine, I went to school in Venice with his wife, she stayed in their condo, without power but the Generators kicked in her and the Condo on Venice Beach survived...

• Hoot Gibson
                    Hoot Gibson commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Asphalt...ex sister in law has condo on Sanibel, probably gone, she is in Columbus and won't be able to get into Ft Myers until the weekend, Ft Myers Beach is pretty much gone and off limits until at least Saturday...Sisters house in Naples appears to be washed away by the storm surge...it was a nice one...I spent a lot of time there...they and the pets got out to a motel...and survived

• Here is my view last October from my sister and brother in law's dock on the Gulf Channel in Naples...this view likely is gone forever as is their place....might know more tomorrow or later today...

Naples Dock Sunset 1 (2).jpg

Comment

• Brother in Law "Denmark Mike" got to the house in Naples yesterday...the results?

The dock was gone, water had risen to the mid wall heights, all furniture and belongings are a total loss....that's the bad news...oh and since it was flood, not wind damage, Fucking FEMA is in charge of the pay out and damage payout...now this house and belongings are, let's say "Well over a Million Dollars" so the rebuild is gonna be a bitch...

The Good News...They and the pets are alive and well, and a friend in California owns a Condo that received NO Damage, and they will stay there for the time being...so it could be worse, could be dead or no place to go...

The damage videos and photos, especially for Ft Myers Beach along with Sanibel Island and Captiva it's north island twin, are unfucking believable...

Too many people living in "Paradise" Shit Happens...the final death and property tolls may never be known...The Naples Pier, and they got mostly surge and not wind damageNaples Pier during storm.jpg Naples Pier Ian....jpg

Comment

• When we moved to Florida, Inverness and dead center of the state, the house we were buying did not pass inspection so we rented and began looking. The best deals we found were in Ft. Myers and Cape Coral. Two nice homes in our price range I would have bought but I did my research and found the flood insurance would have cost over $4K per year. I wish I would have saved those addresses so I could look today and see if either house is still there or how badly damaged they are. A buddy who recently moved to that area and bought a nice home on a canal only had minor damage to his place but the house alongside of his is a total loss. He suspects his neighbor's house got hit by a tornado rather than just the hurricane winds. How could one house have only minor damage and the next house not 100 yards away gets destroyed?

Comment

• Hoot Gibson
                        Hoot Gibson commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Tornadoes, more so than Hurricanes, leave one house destroyed and one untouched...since he was on the Canal he was lucky that the surge didn't take him out...sister's house has survived 3 Hurricanes since being built in the 1970s...including Irma, which hit Naples direct...but the Storm Surge it was no match for...

• Gary
                        Gary commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yup. A little fact I did not know, Hurricanes can produce tornadoes inside of them. Storms sure can be strange. We had a storm here a few years back we all thought was a tornado. NOAA investigated the damage and determined it was Straight Line Winds at over 130 MPH. Tornadoes twist stuff up but straight winds just knock trees and anything in their path down. There is a straight line about 200 yards wide right through the forest with everything in the path knocked over for about 5 Miles.

• View of the Naples Pier taken by youngest sister just 2 weeks ago...this view is gone until the Pier is rebuilt and that is going to take one Hell of a long time...

naples pier kelly view.jpg

Comment

Working...
                      X