How's the Weather Outside?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How's the Weather Outside?

Boring I know, but since little else is going on...How's your weather in this age of "Man Made Global Warming" {Bullshit that it is}?

After a somewhat warm December {no record setting high though}, we in the Heartland have settled into a somewhat "normal" pattern...I call it pneumonia weather. Rainy Highs in the 40s and 50s, followed by strong winds, then cold, bitter cold. The low this morning was 5 above F {for you Canuck and Pond Jumpers} with a wind chill index of -10 and bright morning sunshine...not the worst, but with the recent rains and wind, not a joyous pattern to say the least.

Meanwhile, after the COVID around Thanksgiving, Hoot has now come down with a freaking head cold, which may or may not, drop into my lungs...what really pisses me off is the fact that up until the COVID bout, I had not had a cold or flu in over 4 years... I'm guessing the COVID weakened my resistance and now I'm screwed, likely until Spring...IF I SURVIVE! The good thing is, I have not had to pull out the Snow Machine for the long Driveway nor the new Battery Operated Snow Shovel I got my wife {Romantic aren't I?} for Christmas:

Snow and Stout....jpg

What you Got? Weather Wise that is...

Around Christmas we had spring time. It was 70 or more 5 or 6 days. We were in shorts. Right at new year's it turned back to rain and cold. Cold to us is 28-35 at night and 45-50 during the day. Just enough to give you an excuse not to go outside.
    2018 TW200
    2020 KLX300R

Comment

Since that photo complete with Stout and Cigar was taken, Hoot has upgraded his Snow Machine {my wife got me a new electric start monster a couple of years ago at Christmas}...and it comes in handy when we get over 4 or 5 inches, nothing compared to what Gary in Upstate New York gets I know, having lived in the Mohawk Valley for a few winters back in the early 70s...but the Old Parsonage does get it's share some winters...
      2014 First Snow 009.jpg Blower 002.jpg Sepia Blizzard of 2010 (2).jpg Snow Event #2a.jpg Snow Driveway 2009.jpg

Last edited by Hoot Gibson; 01-07-2022, 09:55 AM.

Comment

It was so bitter cold this morning I almost had to button up my polo shirt.

Comment

When I returned from my 2nd tour in Tropical South Vietnam, the Air Farce stuck me in a Lake Effect Snow location of Rome, New York, in the Mohawk Valley...I spend the next 2 Winters there...once I figured out that it was the land of 9 months of Winter and 3 months Rough Sledding, my late buddy Jack Friedl and I figured out we needed something to do, besides drink 7 days a week...so we took up Snowmobiling and Snow Skiing... It was a great decision, and I continued to do both, especially the Skiing for the next 20+ years...

We learned to Ski at this place Snow Ridge outside of Turin, NY...might as well go hard right off the bat we figured... Snow Ridge 2 sepia.jpg

Comment

Crazy weather pattern continues...10 above this morning with strong winds, then some sunshine and around 30 for the early high...then rain with raising temps tonight and after the rain ends tomorrow morning, the temps will drop back into the deep freeze... Crazy Weather Indeed~

Comment

Originally posted by Hoot Gibson View Post

Snow and Stout....jpg

What you Got? Weather Wise that is...
              LOL....I thought I was the one "freezing" in the snow for 11 months.....LOL....what a dumbass!

Oh look....ANOTHER "selfie"...and judging by the size of the snow blower, you're between 5' 4" and 5' 6"....THAT certainly explains a lot, doesn't it Little Man?

Bwahahahahahhahahahahaha!

Last edited by TW_in_BC; 01-15-2022, 05:46 PM.

Comment

• Hoot Gibson
                Hoot Gibson commented
                Editing a comment
                As Tommy Says, the Asshat is gone...I was just hopeful the son of a bitch could troll the page, but just to drive him nuts, he couldn't respond...JJ says his IP is blocked, so not to worry, although his insipid hateful posts are still up, the Canuck Fuck is gone {for now} and good riddance...

• Gary
                Gary commented
                Editing a comment
                Ya No, The Admin did the fucking job to get him gone and you assholes won't let him stay gone WTF!!!!!
                Just forget the prick and move on and quit dragging up his nasty shit from almost 2 weeks ago. He is probably over on the other place with his buddy who is still here but water under the bridge is what we should appreciate.

• Cro
                Cro commented
                Editing a comment
                LOL Well Gary I guess I'm kind of slow reading posts here. I mostly just like to post and didn't notice he was history until now.

Today is an ice storm. 29° and raining. Not good. Trees are bending so I'm just waiting on the inevitable.
              2018 TW200
              2020 KLX300R

Comment

We’re looking at cold cold cold.
                www.TW200Rider.com Making TW200 Forums Great Again!

Comment

Weather man just said 50 mile an hour winds on the way!
                  www.TW200Rider.com Making TW200 Forums Great Again!

Comment

• Hoot Gibson
                    Hoot Gibson commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Sunny and 35 here, after a morning low of 10...up and down Ohio goes...

Well What You Got this Morning?

Grand Lake Ohio: Minus 6 with a Wind Chill of Minus 17...but clear/sunny skies

Comment

Long way to go before asphalt season starts back up...-10 this morning .up to 13 now turn up the heat if you could..
                    I will try not to blow the forum up!

Comment

We have been barely touching above 20* day times and well below zero almost every night for 2 weeks. All is good here because I can finally get to my favorite winter sport and do a lot of ice fishing. Small little coal stove is keeping us toasty warm and coal burns a lot better and much hotter when it goes below 10*. I cleared my driveway with a machine like what Hoot has for about 15 years and then my wife bought me a real Man's toy. Now I look forward to snow storms and the deeper the better.

IMG_2328.jpg IMG_2327.jpg

Comment

Was outside feeding the back yard/garage cats and dog was with me, barking like an idiot, I thought I heard Gunshots, and wondered "Who the Hell is Hunting, and what are they Hunting in January in the Daytime"?

Well wasn't hunters at all...a double handful of Amish Workers were putting a new roof on one of my neighborhood "mansions". About 5000 sq feet, with a top height of maybe 30 feet or more, taller than my Parsonage, which is tall enough. Here these guys are in 22 degree temps a bit of snow, and 10 above wind chill, pounding away...

I admire the Amish Work Crews here locally, hard workers who do great work...they put a new roof on the then 90 year old parsonage about a decade ago, but it was in the Summer...no way in Hell would I climb up on the roof today, if I were them, and do this...

DSC_0509 (3).jpg

Comment

He's gone and has been gone for a while. I think the confusion is it seems he is here because Hoot is responding to an older post of his. I think.
                          littletommy

Comment

• Cro
                            Cro commented
                            Editing a comment
                            You're right. Stop responding Hoot. lol

• Hoot Gibson
                            Hoot Gibson commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I have, just wanted to see if the troll got back on here somehow and I could get him to play Groundhog and pop out of his hole...
                        Working...
                        X