Air chuck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air chuck

Just thought I would throw this out there. Air chucks either work or they kinda work or all the air you just put in leaks out before you can get the damn thing off. I found this https://jacosuperiorproducts.com/ and ordered a couple of things. We will see if it lives up to the job.
    2018 TW200
    2020 KLX300R

I see the Air Chuck Kits are "Out of Stock"...no surprise in today's "Biden WOKE World" of short supplies and massive inflation...

Comment

The air hose and compressor quick connects are notorious for leaking. My air compressor runs until it hits 160 PSI and shuts off. As long as I don't leave anything in the quick connect the compressor holds the air and never runs in the middle of the night. I hate those fill gauges that lock onto the valve stem and allow a lot of air to escape while you try to get it off.

Comment

• Hoot Gibson
        Hoot Gibson commented
        Editing a comment
        Those drive me nuts...I have one on my in car small tire inflator...hits 34 psi but by the time I take it off it's down to 32 or 33, so I bump it to 35 and see what shakes out...

What drives me nuts are the TPMS, (Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems) in most newer cars and trucks. Here in the frozen NE I always have 2 sets of wheels and tires, summer and winter. Every time I swap, twice a year for both vehicles, I have to reset the TPMS sensors in each vehicle. I used to have to take the vehicles to the dealer or the tire shop to get it reset but I bought the gadget to DIY. Still a PITA but at least I can get the stupid "smart" lights turned off.

Comment

Those Gawd Damn things are a pain in the ass....and if you have a sensor go out the SOBS try to charge you about $80 for one...no chance, I'll leave the idiot light on first...

Comment

• Gary
          Gary commented
          Editing a comment
          Tire shops around here are legally bound to refuse putting new tires on any vehicle wheels that have the sensors from the factory. My guy told me 9 times out of 10 when a sensor goes bad it is usually just a tiny O ring. My brother just bought new wheels and tires for his new truck and he had to spend an extra $300 to get the sensors installed in each new wheel or the shop where he bought the wheels and tires would not mount or balance them. I will say the TPMS system does work because my wife was driving home from a visit to her family and the light went on. She called me and I told her to stop at the next fuel station and check the pressure. One tire was down to 21 PSI and she was 50 miles from home. She filled it up and drove the rest of the way and the light came on just as she got home. I found a drywall screw in that tire and plugged it myself.

I ordered the "FlowPro™ Series inflator gauge" and the "INDUSTRIAL QUICK CONNECT AIR FITTINGS | PLUG & COUPLER KIT - 1/4" NPT (SET OF 12)". They seem to be in stock. The flow pro comes with their air chuck. So I get 2 items in 1. They have discount code DRIVE15 to take 15% off orders over $40(? I think).
        Last edited by Apolloha; 04-30-2022, 10:17 AM.
        2018 TW200
        2020 KLX300R

Comment

My wife's sister, pretty dipsy, was taking a trip up to Canada. I told her when she gets out of the country she needs to change the air in her tires over to the KPa Canadian air and to just make sure she has 234 KPa in each tire because they have 34 PSI of American air in them. Don't you know she called from a Canada gas station and couldn't remember how much Canadian air to put in.

Comment

Fastest shipping I've ever had. Ordered it yesterday arrived today. I think it must have came by drone. Lol
            20220501_183601.jpg
            2018 TW200
            2020 KLX300R

Comment

• Hoot Gibson
              Hoot Gibson commented
              Editing a comment
              I hate the WOKE ownership at Amazon, but the damn stuff comes fast...ordered some item last night for one of my Cameras it is scheduled to be here tomorrow....over the weekend no less...

The thing is....I ordered it straight from JACO. I dont do amazon after what they did to president Trump.
            2018 TW200
            2020 KLX300R

Comment

• Hoot Gibson
              Hoot Gibson commented
              Editing a comment
              That's good, anytime you can avoid the Bezo Bastards is a good thing...

• Gary
              Gary commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm with App on avoiding Amazon as much as possible. I do go to look for deals there but all it ever gives me is a price guideline so I can find it cheaper elsewhere. It is really just Fake News that Amazon has the best prices. I wanted a new high end spinning reel this year and it was on Amazon at a few places, all at around $499 but I found it at another place for $425 delivered. Anyone who is looking for deals on the top fishing equipment should give a look at the JLS (Japan Lure Shop) site. My reel arrived from Japan in 8 days.
          Working...
          X