Balance ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Balance ?

I got a 241. I have not put it on yet. I have ridden only dirt bikes until recently. On those I just replace the tire and start riding. I noticed on the rear of my Tw200, there are some weights on a couple of spokes. On the front I do not see any. So the question is...Do I have to balance the tire/wheel for the TW?
    2018 TW200
    2020 KLX300R

Well my equilibrium may be off at time's but it's a TW ...Trail Way ... But would lean on the safe side if your riding higher speed's on the road for most slower pace trail riding shouldn't matter to much I wouldn't think
    I will try not to blow the forum up!

Comment

Originally posted by Apolloha View Post
      I got a 241. I have not put it on yet. I have ridden only dirt bikes until recently. On those I just replace the tire and start riding. I noticed on the rear of my Tw200, there are some weights on a couple of spokes. On the front I do not see any. So the question is...Do I have to balance the tire/wheel for the TW?
      It made a difference on mine, especially at speed on the street. Get the brass weights with the set screws that go on the spoke nipples on Amazon. Jack up the front with the caliper off and let it find it's balance. Then find the correct weight.

Comment

These are my favorite:

https://www.amazon.com/NICECNC-Motor...62326625&psc=1

Comment

I never thought of wheel weights as bling but those are pretty cool looking.

Comment

What's nice is the are machined internally for a snug fit over the spoke nipple and have an allen set screw, so they will never fly off, can be power washed etc (unlike those not so sticky tape on ones). They have a great selection of weights and i've so far done 3 bikes with one set. No corrosion either because they are brass. The set screws never rust in but I put anti-seize on anyway.

Originally posted by Xracer View Post
            I never thought of wheel weights as bling but those are pretty cool looking.

Comment

Originally posted by Apolloha View Post
              i think, with a tire and wheel as heavy as the rear, yamaha had to balance it or it would really be a thumper

Comment

• JerseyJeeper
                JerseyJeeper commented
                Editing a comment
                Mine came balanced front and back from the dealer with lead tear drop weights.. lots of them!
            Working...
            X