Year 2020 chain designs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Year 2020 chain designs

What kind of new chains are out there? I know of O, X, Z, and plain ol chain. What chains are best for mostly street? Which are best for mud, sand, and water? Is there one that does it all? What are you running?
    2018 TW200
    2020 KLX300R

I run X, they last forEVER on a TW. I only spray 100% silicone on mine so sand doesn't stick and only adjusted it once in 4 years. The OEM chain needed adjustment almost every ride..

Comment

Just for the sake of being lazy......how many links in stock tw chain? The answer will save me 2 minutes of my life counting links or 20 minutes trying to find it on the internet. Lol
      2018 TW200
      2020 KLX300R

Comment

Probably already found out but it's 122 links counting the master link.

Comment

Originally posted by admiral View Post
          Probably already found out but it's 122 links counting the master link.
          As a matter of fact I haven't. Thanks for the info. My stock chain just turned 2000 miles old. I am going to start looking for a new one tho. I want low friction and low maintenance.
          2018 TW200
          2020 KLX300R

Comment

Originally posted by Apolloha View Post

As a matter of fact I haven't. Thanks for the info. My stock chain just turned 2000 miles old. I am going to start looking for a new one tho. I want low friction and low maintenance.
            that would be the perfect chain, i think they are in aisle 5, beside the perfect tires and oil. i think the x is close, less friction than the o, with all most no adjustment needed

Comment

Do the sprockets need changing if I put on an X before bike leaves the dealer?

What brand of chain have folks been using?

Comment

I wound up putting a DID vx chain. Bought it and a whole slue of stuff from a person on another site. They just wanted to get rid of it. Put the chain on. Adjusted it. Have ridden about 500 miles. No adjustment needed yet. Master link was a bi ach.
                2018 TW200
                2020 KLX300R

Comment

Working...
                X