• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wilderness Winter Campsite

Who loves winter camping?

FirstWildernessCampSite.jpg

This was right behind the tent..
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 4 photos.
    www.TW200Rider.com Making TW200 Forums Great Again!

Dam, ya caught me. It was October last year... BUT IT WAS COLD? hahaha... That's all I had handy picture wise but I do love winter camping. Now the bears, that was another story and a real problem if you want to get off topic... We did put our food up in the trees with paracord. The real problem was snoring.. Well actually the real problem was rick dumped hot chocolate mix on my tent and I felt as if I would be a bear taco!

Comment

We may have snow tonight! YAY for Winter Camping this weekend... MAYBE..?

Comment

I like to winter camp in Arizona, too wet where I live. We did get snow today, but it will be washed away by tomorrow.
        Not too fond of riding at this time off year as the bike gets heavier as the day goes on - too much mud.

Comment

Do I smell hot chocolate..........love hot chocolate...... IMG_20130304_122525_516-1~2.jpg
          I will try not to blow the forum up!

Comment

Originally posted by asphalt View Post
            do i smell hot chocolate..........love hot chocolate...... IMG_20130304_122525_516-1~2.jpg
            lol..!

Comment

I no longer Camp at all...worst is sleeping in the wrangler, and I gave that up as well....the last Tent Camping I did was Big Bend 2016...now, even with my Vietnam Kokomo Reunions, I shack in a fellow old timers RV or at worst take the Nitro and sleep in that...other times the Motel is the ONLY way to go...

I may be in prime shape, Diabetes 2 not withstanding, for 72+ years, but I ain't no fool...Wife and I camped for many years, sometimes in pretty cold weather, back in the 70s and early 80s...but those days are gone...give me a warm sleeping bag in an RV or Cabin Bunk anytime...better yet, a motel with a six pack on ice.

Moab...the KOA with Snoring Montezuma, Borneo, and Weasel, wasn't great, but it wasn't out in the Moab Desert like the North enders were doing, in March 2015...

Big Bend, with Snoring Montezuma across the campsite was my last Tent Camp...in March 2016..

Florida in October 2019 was either at my Sister and Brother in Laws place, watching the critters while they Jetted off to his homeland, Denmark for 3 weeks, or the Motel the rest of the month long working vacation...my Islamorada, in the Keys, view from my motel late in the month...

Next Month, Kentucky, Alabama, and back to Florida, will be a night, here and there, at Friend's, or {mostly} in Motels, near the fishing destinations...

Moab 2015 First Report 118 (1).JPG
              Big Bend Motorcycle Run 2016 033.JPG
              DSC00130 (2).JPG

Comment

Winter camping here in Florida is the same all year round. Lots of bugs and its still green. Real difference is being able to get a camp site as everything is taken by the Snow Birds.

Comment

Originally posted by Xracer View Post
                  Winter camping here in Florida is the same all year round. Lots of bugs and its still green. Real difference is being able to get a camp site as everything is taken by the Snow Birds.
                  Sad to say, Florida is nowhere close to the Sunshine State I grew up in in the 1950s and early 60s...from 3 million or so folks to 24 million...Venice, where I grew up and Naples, where my sister lives on the Gulf, are prime examples...but I still enjoy going down that way...problem is {problems are}...too damn many snowbirds in the Winter, and too hot and wet in the Summer...October and November, especially in the Southwest part, are not bad, weather is less humid and less hot, and the full wrath of the Invading Snowbirds is not in full effect...

The Everglades is about my only Real Get Away these days in South Florida...

A Sea Plane over the Glades heading for the Naples Airport...and a fair sized Gator swimming along the waters near the Tamiami Trail {US 41} ...in the Northern Glades...

DSC00010.JPG

DSC02193.JPG

Comment

My wife would know what you mean Hoot. She grew up in the Hollywood Fort Lauderdale area back when there were still dairy farms and woods. Now its all houses and strip malls.

Comment

Originally posted by Xracer View Post
                      My wife would know what you mean Hoot. She grew up in the Hollywood Fort Lauderdale area back when there were still dairy farms and woods. Now its all houses and strip malls.
                      Similar here. Grew up in SW Dade Co. As a kid in the 60's there was a dairy 1 mile north, woods and produce fields everywhere else. Rode many a mile on bicycles there before graduating to dirt bikes. All of it gone/ruined when I left in the early 70's. Went back for uncle's funeral about 10 years ago, had a hard time finding where our house used to stand it's so different. Sorry if this is a hijack.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by gruff54 View Post

Similar here. Grew up in SW Dade Co. As a kid in the 60's there was a dairy 1 mile north, woods and produce fields everywhere else. Rode many a mile on bicycles there before graduating to dirt bikes. All of it gone/ruined when I left in the early 70's. Went back for uncle's funeral about 10 years ago, had a hard time finding where our house used to stand it's so different. Sorry if this is a hijack.

Mike
                        No Hi~Jack at all...anybody that lived in Florida, even 10 years ago Mike, would not recognize some spots...in October 2019 when leaving the Keys and heading to Venice on the West Coast...I decided to take Highway 1 back thru Miami...Friday AM about 10 ...the traffic was unbelievable...took hours, I cannot believe people would still living and work in that area...it may be worse that the I 5 into LA or even Atlanta and Chicago...

I'm just glad I lived there when I was young and it was wild...

Comment

Working...
                        X